Robynne's Nest

Just a place for this SAHM to record her thoughts, ramblings, and daily occurrences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm a SAHM to SIX children, 3 of each model. The girls are currently ages 15, 12 and 7, and the boys are 9, 6, and 4. I enjoy many crafts, but my main interest is crocheting and knitting. I also enjoy music, both listening to and playing. I'm in the church bell choir, and I've played french horn for over 25 years. I currently play in a couple community concert bands, and I play throughout the year in church. My husband and I were married in the fall of 2004, and we are currently owned by 3 cats and 1 dog.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Back to Blogging!

Wow, it has been a while since my last entry! I got busy last summer preparing for our vacation, then forgot about my blog entirely. Time to get things going again. And boy do I have some big news to catch up on. :)
We set out in mid-late July on our big 2 week vacation to Arizona. We drove through Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico, camping along the way. We stopped in Phoenix for Ward's graduation, then headed up to the Grand Canyon for a few days. After that, we headed up into Utah and Bryce Canyon, then drove east through Colorado and a stop near Denver for a family visit. Finally more driving east through Kansas and Missouri to home. Whew! It was a wonderful, long, exciting, exhausting, beautiful, wet trip. It rained a lot. Arizona has a monsoon season. Who knew? lol
So...as soon as we got back from that vacation, that first weekend in August, I discovered we were expecting again! That was a bit of a shock and surprise. We weren't planning another baby for probably another year. I have this great 3 year plan going, you see...and Ryan's not 3! So, fast forward several months, and we welcomed Amanda Faith into our family on April 4, 2007! She was 8 lb 12 oz, 21.5 inches, and a sweet, quiet baby (unless she's hungry). The older kids love the new baby sister, and Ryan is fascinated with her. At the same time, he's just 20 months old, and still part baby himself. He wants to hug and love on her all the time, and doesn't understand "gentle" yet. It's a challenge! I think they'll eventually grow up to be good friends...or cohorts maybe! But for now, Mandy is quickly learning to scream whenever big brother gets too close!
So baby Amanda is 4 weeks old now. Ryan is almost 21 months. Emily turned 8 years old in March. Allie will be 5 next week.
There's more to share, but I'll save it for the next entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home