Robynne's Nest

Just a place for this SAHM to record her thoughts, ramblings, and daily occurrences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm a SAHM to SIX children, 3 of each model. The girls are currently ages 15, 12 and 7, and the boys are 9, 6, and 4. I enjoy many crafts, but my main interest is crocheting and knitting. I also enjoy music, both listening to and playing. I'm in the church bell choir, and I've played french horn for over 25 years. I currently play in a couple community concert bands, and I play throughout the year in church. My husband and I were married in the fall of 2004, and we are currently owned by 3 cats and 1 dog.

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Ha! Well, I know better than to say I'm going to keep up this blog, as I never do. But here's a new entry to add to the list. :)
This time I don't have any "surprise" news to report. Everyone is doing well, and the kids are growing like weeds, as the saying goes. Emily is ten now, and about to start 5th grade. She's growing up so fast, and she's such a great girl, a great helper, and a great big sister. She will be in swimming lessons again this fall, as she has been for the past couple years, and she may be taking piano lessons. She also participates in a running program through her school that started last spring, called Girls on the Run, which she enjoys. She is also in Girl Scouts, but we will have to see if we have time for all those activities!
Allie is 7, and is about to start 2nd grade. She's independent and more outgoing than Emily, and she enjoys doing girly things like makeup, perfume, and nail polish. She's also growing so fast, and she's a great helper and great sister. She wants to go back to dancing this fall, after taking a year off, and she may also do piano if we find a teacher. She will also go back to swimming lessons, which she loves! She's a little fish, a lot like her mama, and it's hard to get her out of the water. :) She has also been in Girl Scouts for the past couple years, and may do it again if time permits.
Ryan is almost four (in a couple weeks) and is as intense as ever! He is full of energy and excitement, and always getting into something! We finally had our first instance of getting stitches, after he fell in our yard last week, and ended up with a cut on his arm which required 5 stitches. I thought it would happen with one of his adventures in jumping from the beds or lofts, or climing the fence, or swinging from my front room curtains, but no...just running in the backyard. He was a very brave boy, and barely cried when they gave him the shot to numb the cut so they could stitch it, and didn't cry at all from the injury. He is going to start preschool 2 afternoons a week with his cousin Patrick, in a few weeks. It should be interesting to see how he does in a classroom setting, although he does fairly well in Sunday School every week.
Amanda is a mini version of Ryan, only in a dress! She's 2 now, and anything brother can do, SHE can do too! Just ask her! :) She talks up a storm, a lot like Allie was in early talking, and it's funny to listen to Mandy and Ryan have an arguemtent, or sing songs together. They're so much fun, even if they do wear me out. She's not going to know what to do with herself when Ryan is at preschool, but at least she has baby brother to "teach" and lead along...!
Ethan just turned one last month, and he's such a joy! He's a very sweet, much more quiet baby than Ryan and Amanda. He's happy to observe and much much more cautious about everything than the other 2. He is 13 months and still is not walking, which is a first for me, as all the others were walking by the time they turned one, with a couple of them walking by 9 or 10 months! He just doesn't show much desire at all to walk, and he has enough people around to carry him he doesn't see the need...yet! We have finally gotten him to take a few very unbalanced unassisted steps over this past week, but he is more interested in practicing "falling"...I guess to make sure he can do it safely before actually trying to walk!
Ward is doing well, he was able to get hired on permanently with Wells Fargo (Wachovia) from the contract job he was doing with them, and now works from home full time, which is wonderful mostly, but frustrating at times. He's a great dad and husband, andis a great help to me around the house. This past weekend his parents were visiting, and he and his dad did several repairs around the house that had been needing done.
And I am also doing well. I still knit and crochet when I have the time, and I love being home with the kids, although I'm also looking forward to school starting in a couple weeks. The girls are just bored at this point, and are ready to get back to their school and friends. I will only have one extra this school year, Patrick, who as I said will be going to preschool two afternoons a week with Ryan. It will seem quiet on those afternoons!
We took a big vacation in late June this summer, to Pennsylvania and surrounding states, and it was a lot of fun. I got to meet some of my longtime March Mommies friends, and we also visited several historic places that at least some of us found quite interesting!
Hopefully I will make it back here again before another year has past!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home