Robynne's Nest

Just a place for this SAHM to record her thoughts, ramblings, and daily occurrences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm a SAHM to SIX children, 3 of each model. The girls are currently ages 15, 12 and 7, and the boys are 9, 6, and 4. I enjoy many crafts, but my main interest is crocheting and knitting. I also enjoy music, both listening to and playing. I'm in the church bell choir, and I've played french horn for over 25 years. I currently play in a couple community concert bands, and I play throughout the year in church. My husband and I were married in the fall of 2004, and we are currently owned by 3 cats and 1 dog.

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

New experience for this mama today...

So, I had a new experience today with one of my kids. Even having 5, something new crops up from time to time. Ethan somehow managed to get his leg stuck between the slats of his crib when he was supposed to be napping. I've heard from other moms of this happening, but it hadn't happened here until this 5th child, and not until today, at 22 months old. And I'm not talking about him sticking his foot or leg through then pulling it back. No, it was STUCK. Jammed in there real good. I couldn't get it out! He was crying, it was stuck tight, and I wasn't sure what to do next. So...first I ran off to see if Ward could help. Unfortunately, he was on a phone conference for work, so I was on my own. By the time I got back to the crib in my room, he was standing there, crying, but free from his snare. I have no idea how he got it out, it really was stuck tight when I tried to help him. I'm thinking I haven't had this experience before at least in part because none of my other children have been in the crib as often or as long as Ethan. They hated the crib. We've co-slept with all 5 of them, but when we'd put Ethan in for naps and safe play away from his siblings, he kind of liked it there, and would go to sleep with no trouble. So when he started falling asleep in there in the evenings and sleeping for 8 hours or so, who was I to pull him back out of it and put him in my bed? (I love co-sleeping, but also appreciate the perks of a baby who sleeps all night in his own bed!)
So. I'm thinking this is yet another sign of needing to move this boy into a toddler bed in the bigger kids' room. Last month he started climbing out of it, and now he's managed to get himself stuck in it. I was hoping we'd have another month or two before we started to transition him (no rush due to the new baby, I figure he'll be cosleeping with us anyway in the beginning) but I guess we'll be toddler bed shopping this weekend...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home