Robynne's Nest

Just a place for this SAHM to record her thoughts, ramblings, and daily occurrences.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

I'm a SAHM to SIX children, 3 of each model. The girls are currently ages 15, 12 and 7, and the boys are 9, 6, and 4. I enjoy many crafts, but my main interest is crocheting and knitting. I also enjoy music, both listening to and playing. I'm in the church bell choir, and I've played french horn for over 25 years. I currently play in a couple community concert bands, and I play throughout the year in church. My husband and I were married in the fall of 2004, and we are currently owned by 3 cats and 1 dog.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day with boys

So...I guess I am still new to this "mom of boys" thing. Ryan is my oldest boy, he is 6 and in Kindergarten. We are of course making his Valentine box this evening. We had this exchange:
Me: Ryan, how do you want to decorate your box?
Ryan: A Clone Trooper.
Me: What?
Ryan: I want to make it a Clone Trooper.
Me: Don't you want it to have hearts and love things like that?
Ryan: No, I want it to be a Clone Trooper.
Me: I don't know how to make it a Clone Trooper...
Ryan: It's ok Mommy, I know how to do it! I need white paper and a yellow crayon.
Me: ...
Ryan: (collects white paper and scissors and glue and crayon)
Me: ... "WARD! You are in charge of helping THE BOY make his Valentine box!"
Me: (muttering as I walk away, to go help ALLIE make her Piggy Bride Valentine box...with pink and hearts and tissue paper and love stuff...)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home